Factory records confirm that chassis number PB 0307 was the first of four PB’s built 16th September 1935 and that it was registered BOF 564 on the 24th September in the same year.
The car has a rather interesting history in that the first owner, a Mr Gosling from Birmingham, became well known to the MG Service Department because there are almost thirty pieces of correspondence held on file at Kimber House. The result of all these communications is the fact that a new block was fitted by the factory in 1937!
There have been two long term owners in the last 33 years. In 2011, the car was sent to MG specialists Baynton Jones where it was discovered that the 1937 block had become defective, so a new block was fitted, together with new pistons. The crank and rods were re-metalled and the 1937 block was retained and is still with the car today.
The owner also carried out a number of maintenance and improvement tasks and these are recorded in the file which accompanies the car.
PB 0307 left the factory painted black, with silver wheels and green leather. The car has just had a bare metal respray, again in black with silver wheels, but the decision was taken to retain the oxblood red leather fitted some years ago, as this is in such lovely condition. All the chrome work is excellent and the car drives and performs very well on the road.
Altogether a delightful example of this sought after model and one which is eligible for the Mille Miglia and many other exciting Club and international events.